Santam is the insurer of choice for thousands of South Africans countrywide. They help you be safe and stay safe – everywhere you go. If you need four more reasons to choose car insurance good and proper here they are:
Santam is one of South Africa’s biggest short-term Insurance providers, offering products that will give you value, excellent cover and most importantly, service excellence.
- They are one of the biggest insurance providers in the country.
- They value their clients, looking to see how they can payout, and not trying to find ways to avoid paying.
- Making sure they meet the needs of clients.
- They can be reached 24/7 if you have a claim or an emergency. (0860 505 911)
- They offer added services such as a free chauffeur service and provide safety information on social media.
Recognised Leadership in Insurance
Santam has achieved many awards over the years. These include the SAMBRA (SA Motor Body Repairers’ Association) Awards. Santam was named the Best Insurer for 2017/18 in the Insurance category. Not only that but in the same category, they also walked away with Best Green Practices as well as an award for Service Excellence. In 2018, Santam was voted amongst the top brands in South Africa, where they came out winners in the business category for the Sunday Times Top Brands Awards.
Not only has Santam received awards, but theyare also involved in acknowledging others, such as promoting women entrepreneurs. The Fairlady Santam 2019 Women of the Future Awardswas recently held in Hyde Park. This event provides a platform where women can be acknowledged for their entrepreneurial spirit as well as the contributions they have madewithin their communities.
Where did it all begin: Santam, a brief history
Santam stands for The South African National Trust and Assurance Company Limited. The Company first started out on the 1st of May 1918. Only a few months after that, Sanlam or the South African Life Assurance Company, came into being. Sanlam deals mainly with life insurance and is a subsidiary of Santam.
Later, in 1953, the company changes and becomes a mutual insurer and from there carries on growing to become what it is today. Since community is important to them, they have also, over the years become involved in social investments. In 1963, they created the Child Art Programme, which helps to uplift children and gets them interested in art.
Later, in 1974, Santam transforms the Insurance Industry by introducing its Multiplex Policy. This policy allowed its members to select short-term insurance that covered all assets under one policy. Soon, after this, in 1981, the famous yellow umbrella becomes the new logo for Santam.
Since then, the company has obtained rewards, recognition and gone international. In 2008 they celebrated their 90th birthday. With such a long and excellent record of service, it’s no wonder they are the number one choice for many when it comes to insurance.
Santam Car Insurance Options
Santam has a number of different car insurance options including:
- Comprehensive Cover: This covers accidental loss and damages to your car and also includes third party liability. They also now offer a guarantee value Insurance, if your car is stolen or a complete write-off, you will be paid out. This helps to get rid of any apprehension when it comes to making a claim. You know what to expect and the whole process can be resolved quickly.
- Additional cover for those who have chosen the comprehensive option. Cover that includes accessories such as mag wheels. You can also add cover, which helps you out in cases of a credit shortfall. (additional costs that aren’t covered by your insurance provider) Also, you can add vehicle hire to the option.
- Limited Cover: This covers accidental loss and damages to your car and also includes third party liability. This is only if the car is damaged due to fire, theft or attempted theft, lightning damage or if the car is involved in some type of explosion.
- Third-Party Liability: Helps cover costs you are liable for to a third party, associated with the vehicle in question.
By filling out the form above now, you will be able to get an insurance quote that best suites your needs.
Santam Car Insurance Contact Details
Personal Insurance: 0860 444 444
Compliments and Complaints: 0860 102 725
24/7 SOS claims and emergency line: 0860 505 911 / 011 853 6681
General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bellville Head Office: 1 Sportica Crescent, Tyger Valley, Bellville, 7530 – Tel: 021 915 7000